Created in the year 1853, the museum owns a great number of works – paintings and drawings – by Anne-Louis Girodet-Trioson (1767-1824), one of the greatest French painters of the early nineteenth century. Born in the city of Montargis, Girodet studied in David’s studio, and was a forerunner of Romanticism. The portraits of Dr Trioson, the painter’s adoptive father, and his son, Benoist-Agnès, are the jewels in the Musée Girodet’s crown. The museum permanent collection also includes paintings from the French and foreign schools of art (specially the Flemish and Italian schools). This collection widens to the romantic works of Henry de Triqueti (1803-1874), who was born in the nearby village of Conflans-sur-Loing.